The Art Bank of South Africa in partnership with the Cultural and Creative
Industries Federation (CCIFSA) is inviting artists from all Provinces to apply for the opportunity to create artworks for the ArtbankSA’s consideration as part of economic recovery. The program is a response to a clarion call by the Honorable President for job creation with a focus on youth, women and people with disability.
The project covers all corners of the country and is open to all visual artists who wish to participate in the program. A focus will be given to involving all 54 District Municipalities including the Metros with the assistance of CCIFSA provincial sector representatives.
The program seeks to enable emerging artists to create artworks to be managed by the Art Bank of South Africa (ArtbankSA). The Art Bank will, if possible curate the selected works acquired, compile a catalogue and possibly distribute the works in selected government buildings on a lease basis. The artworks will become a property of the Art Bank.
The monthly salary will be R5700 for the candidate.
The following is a qualifying criteria for an artist that wishes to participate on the above-mentioned program:
• Applications should be submitted through the attached CCIFSA application form;
• Submit a two (2) page CV, please indicate which province and district you
live and work in;
• It will be preferred that artists should have at least two (2) years visual arts experience and must include an artist statement and brief profile;
• Copy of proof that the artist is a South African Citizen or permanent citizen;
• While all emerging artists are encouraged to apply, special focus will be
given to applications from youth, women and persons living withb disabilities.
• The selected artist will sign a four-month contract with the National
Museum, a DSAC institution responsible for the ArtbankSA.
SELECTION OF ARTISTS
• Provincial Committees including the Art Bank will serve as a panel of
adjudicators to go through the applications; and
• Shortlist candidates that fulfill the above criteria;
• Shortlisted candidates will be submitted for approval;
• Communication to successful candidates will be followed by every
candidate signing a four months (4) artist contract;
NOTE : Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
The commencement of the program is envisaged to be 1 December 2020. The period of this job opportunity is four months (4) months to the end of March 2021.
Participating candidates will be required to submit monthly reports to the
ArtbankSA through CCIFSA.
CCIFSA will compile and submit a monthly report on all employed artists to the ArtbankSA.
Applications should be sent to the following Provincial coordinating
|Name & Surname||Province||Contact Details|
|1. Howard Msomi||Kwazulu Natal||Email: |
Cell: 060 4733 712
|2. Banzi Tema||Western Cape||Email: banzitema2ymail.com |
Cell: 073 2601 372
|3. Joey Mbe||North West||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Cell: 078 4725 691
|4. Mbuyiselo Nqodi||Free State||Email: email@example.com |
Cell: 072 5180 238
|5. Lesiba Mothoa||Gauteng||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Cell: 081 5758 940
|6. Freedom Boikanyo||Limpopo||Email: tokollo941gmail.com |
Cell: 067 1095 023
|7. Louisa Mahlangu||Mpumalanga||Email: email@example.com |
Cell: 072 5658 925
|8. Thabo Motlhabi||Northern Cape||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Cell: 081 2652 543
|9. Nkosikho Skoti||Eastern Cape||Email: email@example.com|
Cell: 083 8734 692
Closing date for applications is the 20 November 2020.
VISUAL ART COMMISSIONING PROGRAM – Advert
Programme Application Form for 2020
Application Form PDF